If you’re considering a move to the Greater Chicagoland area, you’re likely focused on the benefits of living near one of the most thriving cities in the nation—but what if you want all the perks of city living without having a home in the heart of downtown? Chicago is filled with diverse and unique neighborhoods that are growing at a rapid pace, and none are more desirable than the neighborhood of Lincoln Park.
Located on the lakefront of Lake Michigan and only a mile or so from downtown, Lincoln Park has quickly climbed its way up to the title of one of the most affluent and beautiful places to live within the boundaries of Chicago. Over the last several years the population of the area has shifted from students to being a mecca for young professionals and families looking for a convenient place to put down roots, and there are countless factors that play into the desirable nature of this region.
At Pickens Kane, we’ve been a local Chicago moving company that has served residents moving in and out of Lincoln Park since 1914.Our residential movers have firsthand experience in coordinating relocations within this thriving area, and we’ve put together a list of some of the top reasons you might consider making a move to Lincoln Park.
Why move to Lincoln Park?
- Housing: The housing market in Lincoln Park is skyrocketing, and this neighborhood is filled with everything from historic stunners to modern mansions and converted multi-family dwellings. While living in this area comes with a high price tag, many local residents find it to be a worthwhile trade-off for the many conveniences located here.
- Culture: Lincoln Park is home to a thriving cultural, arts, and theatre scene, and there are several attractions in the neighborhood that are worth checking out! From live music concerts at Lincoln Hall and Blues Bar to impressive plays at the Victory Gardens Biograph Theatre, there is something for everyone in this growing neighborhood.
- Recreation: If the arts aren’t your thing, there is still plenty to do in Lincoln Park! The area holds many of Chicago’s top beaches, and the stunning park that it’s named for stretches through the neighborhood and contains attractions such as a zoo, conservatory, playing fields, and museums.
- Cuisine: If you’ve spent any time in Chicago, you know that the food is top-class, and the restaurants in Lincoln Park are guaranteed to live up to your expectations! Whether you’re looking for traditional Chicago-style pizza or want to enjoy fine dining in an upscale setting, this area contains options for every palate.
- Schools: One of the biggest benefits that young families find with living in Lincoln Park is the quality of the public school system. Instead of having to settle in the suburbs far from the convenience of downtown, these families get the best of both worlds with top-rated schools, beautiful scenery, and easy access to everything that the city has to offer.
When choosing a Lincoln Park moving company, you want to work with a team of local movers that understands all of the nuances of planning a Chicago-area move, and that’s exactly what you’ll get with Pickens Kane. Just give our residential and apartment movers a call today to learn more about our selection of customizable moving and storage services, or fill out our online form now to request a free, no-obligation estimate.