1. Utilizing the world’s largest network of International shipping and household moving companies
Pickens-Kane’s international relocation and mover network, operating under the Allied brand, serves 135 countries around the world. This unique network provides single-source control of your shipment from origin to final destination. Pickens-Kane International monitors performance on each move in order to maintain top-quality service throughout our global network.
2. We know the business better than anyone
Pickens-Kane International has been relocating families to all corners of the globe for decades. As a result, we have the expertise in routing options and detailed customs information and established procedures to move your goods to virtually every country in the world.
3. Cost is an important factor on each and every move we service
As part of largest international moving company in the world, Pickens-Kane International is able to command premier & preferential service at highly competitive prices. We pledge to provide you the “Right Price” – with service designed to meet your individual requirements and handled in the most timely and cost-efficient manner.
4. Single-point-of-contact and accountability throughout your entire move
You will have a Personal Relocation Coordinator specially trained in the art of international relocation for every step of the process. They will serve as your advocate, counselor, technical expert, and traffic specialist managing all the details of your move from start to finish. Our move management process, a series of checks and double-checks, that ensures attention to all the details of your move with scheduled “prompts” and reminders that make sure every step of the moving process is completed and communicated to everyone involved , including you!
5. Customs Management
Your personal move manager will guide you through the customs forms and declarations, insurance and financial decisions, and the legal requirements that are of vital importance in the overseas relocation process. Trust that your move manager will ensure for you that none of your goods will be held or delayed because of a customs error.
6. Flexible Shipping Methods
Pickens-Kane International’s extensive network of Ocean and Air Freight providers allows us to provide the exact shipping solution that fits your time and budget. Even a combination of both air and ocean freight can be used to expedite the belongings that needed abroad immediately while the less urgent bulky items can travel in a significantly more economical fashion. We also provide highly secure short or long term storage for your goods that you are not ready to ship.
7. Only the Best Skilled Packing and Unpacking Crews
There is no sub-contracting of labor at Pickens-Kane International. Our full-time, trained and experienced employees use materials and techniques specifically designed for export shipments – protecting your goods from shock and vibration during transit so that your goods arrive in the same condition at your new residence. As Chicago’s leading international moving company, we make sure the quality of the packaging material is second to none.
- Cartons are double- and even triple-walled.
- All of your furniture is carefully wrapped and cushioned with multi-layer paper blankets to ensure maximum protection. Getting your family’s heirloom china cabinet to your new home safely is as important to us as it is to you.
- Your personal belonging are expertly packed into cartons with particular care into cartons with particular care given to delicate articles.
- We provide custom wood crating, acid-free tissue, bubble wrap, and polystyrene chips to ensure your belongings arrives with no bumps, breaks, or scratches. No matter what.
You can be assured that your new home destination crew will unload and unpack your items with equal dexterity and care as they were packed and loaded in the US. In your new home and country will receive the following services.
- English-speaking crew leaders available to assist you at delivery.
- All items will be carefully unloaded and crosschecked with your inventory list and will be placed in their designated rooms.
- Fragile items, such as glass and china, will be unpacked on flat-surfaces.
- All packing materials and debris will be quickly removed from your home.
This unique door-to-door service offering makes Pickens-Kane International a leading international moving and packing company.
8. Industry leading shipment tracking
Through “Globalcom”, our industry leading tracking system, you will have an easy-to-use function on our website that will provide you a private, 24/7 access to critical information regarding the status of your move. Not only can you check the status but you can sign up to be notified as the various stages of your move are competed.
9. Service Charter
Pickens-Kane International has established a set of move standards to insure that our customers receive a consistent, quality move on a door-to-door basis. Our performance is measured and reported against these international move standards.
10. Comprehensive transit protection and “in-house” claims settlement team
We offer Zero-Deductible Replacement Value Transit Protection to our clients. If in the unlikely event a claim does arise, Pickens-Kane International will arrange for repair or replacement as quickly as possible. Unlike many competitors, all claims are settled directly by the Pickens-Kane International claims team, rather than an indifferent outside third party insurance provider.